Obtaining patient-focused oral treatment for your teeth and gums frequently does far more than achieving a beautiful, confident appearance. Establishing and maintaining good oral health also enhances many areas of your life, from comfort when eating and speaking to a healthy body and a better quality of living. Preventive dentistry offers an approach to oral care that improves the health and wellness of your smile by identifying and treating oral concerns before they cause further damage or impact your overall wellness. By keeping their smiles healthy through a routine preventive dental care plan, Medina, OH patients can enjoy the long-term benefits only offered by good oral health. The team at DentalWorks - Medina Grande invites you to read on and learn about five key ways that achieving a healthy smile can improve your quality of life.
THE LINK BETWEEN ORAL AND OVERALL HEALTH
As the mouth is a primary gateway into the body, its condition can have a huge influence on your physical wellness. Through the mouth, we may contract diseases, viruses, and other harmful bacteria. Diseases and conditions that impact the mouth often have related or secondary effects on your overall health. A number of systemic conditions are known to impact the oral environment. But the inverse is true as well — many aspects of oral health affect general health and overall wellness. Gum disease, specifically, is a dental issue that can increase the risk of or exacerbate systemic concerns like type II diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory illness, dementia, some types of cancers, and other concerning health problems.
THE VALUE OF A HEALTHY SMILE
Sustaining good oral health could create an advantageous influence on a number of areas of an individual's life. Here are five ways a healthy smile can help optimize your quality of living.
- Improve oral function: Having the ability to eat and speak with ease and the freedom to enjoy your favorite foods is only attainable when your teeth, gums, and jaw are in proper condition. Resolving aesthetic concerns with your smile is often accomplished through cosmetic general dentistry procedures from a skilled Medina, OH dentist, which usually carries the added benefit of improving your oral health.
- Gain greater self-confidence: A smile that is healthy and attractive often elevates your confidence and how you feel about yourself in general. Enjoying a greater level of self-confidence is known to deliver tremendous impacts in both the social and professional space, further enhancing your day-to-day life.
- Lower your risk for oral diseases: Oral diseases, such as tooth decay (cavities) and gum disease (periodontitis), can significantly affect your comfort, appearance, function, and even your systemic health. By keeping up with routine general dentistry visits, a team of dental professionals (like those at DentalWorks - Medina Grande) can identify oral problems sooner rather than later, which often saves you from needing more involved dental procedures. Maintaining a healthy smile can help keep tooth decay and gum problems at bay while reducing your risk for oral infections and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Enjoy better systemic health: A smile that is free from oral infection or disease is better able to support proper biting and chewing function, as well as nutrition. A mouth in which active areas of gum disease are treated, controlled, and well-managed serves to minimize the risk of overall systemic health problems. The adage “a healthy mouth equals a healthy body” is an excellent representation of how oral health and general health are interrelated.
- Save time and money: Fewer oral problems mean less time spent in the dental chair and money spent on dental treatments. Keeping up with routine preventive care visits and general dentistry needs with a dental team in Medina, OH who offers a more conservative approach to care often minimizes the need for costlier, more involved procedures in the future.
EXPERIENCE THE SMILE BENEFITS OF PREVENTIVE CARE
Keeping up with a proper dental care regimen and obtaining preventive dentistry services to benefit your dental health when required is essential for a lot of areas of your total wellness and enjoyment of life. Even if you have been avoiding the dentist for some time or have multiple needs to address, it is never too late to bring preventive dental care to your smile. The experienced team at DentalWorks - Medina Grande would love to help you attain and enjoy a healthy smile through skilled general dental services personalized for your unique dental concerns. We welcome you to contact our Medina, OH practice and schedule your dental visit today!